Members of the Waugh Chapel Swim Club,
Due to some unforeseen circumstances, one of our Board of Directors has recently had to resign from their position. Typically, during the next scheduled monthly meeting, the President would appoint an ad-hoc search committee to seek out nominations to fill the vacancy. However, instead of putting together a search committee, the Board of Directors has decided to use our best resource – our membership.
That being said, we are seeking an active member who can devote some of their time and attention to being our new Socials Director effective February 1, 2019. The Socials Director’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Initiate, plan, and schedule social activities for WCSC for the purpose of family participation and social well-being.
- Recruit volunteers to assist in social activities.
- Submit all expenditures for payment to the Treasurer.
- Collect cash from social events and submit to Treasurer for deposit.
- Responsible for maintaining and taking reservations for all guest parties (i.e. birthday, sports, adult, graduation, etc.)
- Work closely with Communication Director to ensure all activities are posted on the marquee and website.
- Organize the WCSC membership and election dinner.
If interested, please send a biography and a short narrative as to why you feel you would be the best person for the position by November 26, 2018.
At that time, the President will compile the resumes for all interested candidates, then each candidate will be called in for a short interview with the rest of the Board members at a date to be determined.
Please send all correspondence to Craigbouchard5@yahoo.com.
I appreciate your time and consideration.