Members of the Waugh Chapel Swim Club,
Welcome to 2019! The Board of Directors wishes everyone a Happy New Year! A new year means a fresh beginning, so with that, we are introducing our new Membership Handbook. The Board has put a lot of time and energy into creating this handbook, taking into consideration all recommendations that were brought to our attention. In addition to its new look, the handbook also includes some rule and policy changes. In particular, please note the age for adult swim is now 18. In an effort to address overcrowding complaints, particularly on weekends and special occasions, we revised the guest fee structure. These changes now place our pool in line with other, similarly-sized pools in the area. Please familiarize yourself with the new handbook prior to the start of the pool season, making sure to review the rules and regulations with your children.
We are always thinking ahead on improvements that can be implemented not only for the 2019 pool season, but for the 2020 season and beyond. The Board decided it was time for a face lift in some areas and we are excited to announce some of the changes you can expect to see when you walk through the gates for the first time this pool season:
- New and improved baby pool with the following features:
- Beach entry
- Beach wash
- Belle spray water feature
- New water slide in the deep end that accommodates both children and adults
- Managed by DRD Pool Services, Inc. pool management company
- Contracted with EZFacility member management software which includes:
- Members will have access to their own online portal
- Members will be able to pay their dues directly through this portal
- Members will be able to download the MemberMe+ smartphone app which will:
- Let you see the schedule of events at the pool
- Subscribe to push notifications about events, notifications regarding weather and snack bar closures, etc.
- New sound system
- Revised nanny rules
I would also like to announce the decision to institute a general membership meeting in addition to our membership dinner. We are still working out the details and additional information will be forthcoming, but in keeping with our goal to become more transparent with our membership, we will be conducting a pre-season warm up meeting each April, and a post-season wrap up meeting each August. The idea is to conduct these meetings and allow members the opportunity to ask questions. The specific agenda includes, but is not limited to:
- Current status of the Budget (Treasurer’s Report)
- Completed and/or upcoming capital improvements (Facilities Report)
These general membership meetings do not restrict you from reaching out to me or any Board of Director at any time throughout the year. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to email any one of us at any time, and we will do our best to answer in a timely manner. The Board’s contact information can be found on the WCSC Website (www.WCSwimclub.org) and in the new Membership Handbook.
If you or someone you know is interested in working as a lifeguard at our facility, click here or call 410-761-7665 to schedule an interview.
Looking ahead to 2020, I would like to announce one change in regards to the due date of the yearly maintenance fee: the yearly maintenance fee will now be due on April 1 of each year. The reason we want to announce it now is to allow our members the opportunity to properly plan for the future. Effective January 1, 2020, the membership fee payment options and due dates will be as follows:
Moving the due dates up allows us to ensure the pre-season logistics are completed on time and ensures we have the financial flexibility to continue to make capital improvements for the benefit of our members. This also places us in line with other, similarly-sized pools in the area.
The Board of Directors and I sincerely appreciate your continued support. Let’s get excited for the 2019 Pool Season.
* Letter from WCSC President – sent to members on Jan. 8, 2019