Waugh Chapel Swim Club Membership
We are so proud to have such an awesome pool and swim club, but it has become so popular, memberships are hard to come by! Members are holding onto them, and the pool has been sold out permanent memberships for the past three pool seasons. Good problem to have, right? More information on how to you can become an annual member and possibly a permanent member is below.
Renewal Fees for 2019 Summer Season
Note to Members About Your Annual Dues Renewal Fee: Every member is responsible to renew their membership each year by paying the annual renewal fee (otherwise known as the “annual maintenance fee”). These fees pay for the pool operations all year long. If renewal fees are not paid by July 1 of each pool season, your membership will be subject to forfeiture and at risk of becoming property of the Waugh Chapel Swim Club. Members CANNOT “skip” a summer because of personal issues or lack of attendance – if you don’t pay your renewal fees, your membership will be revoked, period. We never want to lose any of our members so please be sure to pay your pool membership renewal!
What Will the Membership Renewal Fee Be for the 2019 Pool Season?
2019 WCSC Annual Renewal Fees (Annual Maintenance Fee): $550.00 – due by May 15.
- Early-Bird Discount Price: Pay by April 1 (postmarked!) and receive a five percent discount (5%) for a total payment of $522.50.
- Installment Option – Pay in two installments: Payment #1 – $275.00.00 due by April 1; Payment #2 – $275.00 due by May 15.
- LATE FEE SCHEDULE: Payments received after May 15 will be assessed a $25 late fee; payments received on or after the date the pool opens will be assessed a $50 late fee; and payments received after June 15 will be assessed a $75 late fee.
- Your membership MUST be paid in full by opening weekend beginning May 25 to get into the pool.
- If your payment is not received by July 1, you risk forfeiture. Failure to pay the annual renewal fee means you will lose your membership! Contact the Membership Director, Kathi Brandt, if you need to discuss any special circumstances.
How Do I Pay?
- Check payments: If paying by check, you do not need to send a remittance form or a note if your check matches the name on your membership. If you are uncertain whether your check matches the name on your membership, or if you have family members that have the same last name that are also WCSC members, please include a note with the full names of all adults on the membership to ensure the proper family is credited with the payment. Send checks to: WCSC, P.O. Box 212, Gambrills, MD 21054. If you want to include your membership number on your payment and do not know it, email Kathi Brandt at email@example.com.
- Credit card payments: If paying by credit card, you can pay online using Self-Service. Members will not be charged a service fee. If you did not receive an email to access our new EZ Facility system, email Kathi Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org to have an invitation to register for EZ Facility resent to you (via email – be sure to check your spam). You can no longer send in a remittance form with your credit card information – you must make your payment online due to new credit card security standards.
Or…we will be accepting payments at the pool on May 4, on the same day as the Annual Pool Yard Sale and Swim and Dive Team registration. There will be other dates and times on weekends before the pool opens when a membership table will be set up at the pool to receive payments, update Family Forms and take pictures for membership cards. Watch Facebook for dates…
Not a Member and Want to Join?
At this time, there are no permanent memberships available to sell. We have implemented a Membership Wait List. If you are interested in a membership and want to be added to the wait list, please contact Kathi Brandt at email@example.com. Persons on the wait list are offered an annual membership at the beginning of the season – first come, first served. Get on the list as early as possible because there is a limited number of annual memberships available; we can only offer them in groups at a time, so as to not oversell. If you become an annual member, there is a chance you can convert your membership to a permanent one as they become available – more information below.
Permanent Memberships Currently Sold Out
Buy It From Another Member!
Be Added to the Waitlist for a WCSC Annual Membership
How Annual Memberships work when they are available: Instead of buying a permanent membership, if annual memberships are available, you can give WCSC a try for ONE SEASON by purchasing an Annual Membership for $700. This membership is a one-time-only opportunity and is not renewable for a second season. Annual members have full use of the facilities of the WCSC, both swimming and tennis, during the season. Annual members cannot vote at in the annual board elections and annual memberships are not transferable. Annual memberships are never less than the maintenance fee for permanent members. By being on the annual membership list, the pool can provide opportunities to buy permanent memberships as opportunities come to our attention or if there are forfeitures due to non-payment of annual maintenance fees.
Unfortunately, the pool has fewer forfeitures each year, therefore the WCSC cannot guarantee that we can offer an opportunity to convert your membership the following season. Therefore, an annual membership is only for the season for which it is purchased with no guaranteed offer to convert your membership the following season.
Converting from an Annual Member to a Permanent Member
Need a Transfer Agreement?
Example of Immediate Family Membership:
- All persons related by marriage or first-generation relatives (son, daughter, step child, etc.) and permanently reside at the same address as the member.
- All persons who are legally dependent on the member and permanently reside at the same address as the member
- All persons related by marriage or first-generation relatives who do not permanently reside at the same address as the member, but the member shares joint/partial custody
- All persons that the member have legal custody/guardianship (proof of legal documents is required)
The following are not considered part of the immediate family/first generation:
- Aunts, uncles, Sister in laws, Brother in laws, nieces, nephews
- Relatives visiting for the summer
- Renters or other occupants of household
- Household employees
- Divorced spouses who do not reside in the member’s house
Any exceptions or special cases should be directed to the Membership Director at least 30 days before the pool opening to be presented to the Board of Directors at the next scheduled meeting. All decisions by the Board of Directors will be final
Still have questions about Membership? Contact our Membership Director Kathi Brandt! Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.